- Note: In order to participate as an artist in East Bay Open Studios, you need to join Pro Arts Gallery where you will find lots of help and advice. Then follow our guide to get ready.
- When opening your studio to the public, presentation and preservation are important concerns. We're here to help you have the most successful Open Studios possible. The Framer's Workshop has the largest in-stock selection of wood and metal moldings and archival matting and backings of any framing store in the East Bay. This year we are offering 20% off our already competitive prices for:
- Archival quality matting and acid free backings cut to the size you need.
- Specially priced overstock matting in select colors, including some fabric mats.
- Ready made frames in standard precut sizessome in patterns you won't find anywhere else because we make them here!
- Michael Faye ready-made frames available in-stock in standard sizes and in custom sizes by specail order in lots of six .(Allow three weeks..)
- Clip framesfor the "frameless" look.
- Cut to size metal and wood frame molding. We stock over 300 patterns including basic blacks, natural maple and whitewashed ramen. We have special order samples for over 2000 more.
- We stock regular and UV filtering glass and Plexiglas.
At The Framer's Workshop we offer professional design help and guidance.
- We cut all the materials for you and help you fit your artwork into the frame using our table space and tools.
- We can cut mats to fit your art and any frameoften while you wait (see side bar).
- We can show you how to hinge your artwork into the mat and backing.
- We can cut a metal frame to fit in a half hour or less
- We cut and join most wood frames within an hour or two.
- All of these items can be assembled do-it-yourself using our tools and our help in our space.
- Or we can do it all for you for an extra custom labor charge (also discounted 20% during this offer).